Our Summer of Safety 2017!
Compliance training helps in understanding the legal boundaries within which an organization operates. It serves the purpose of educating employees on the laws and regulations pertaining to their industry or specific job function. Thus, compliance training provides the legal framework which assists in enhancing the relationship between employees and employers of an organization. Compliance training is the key priority of all organizations as it helps us to meet our legal obligations and standards.
During the course of this summer, you will be assigned a series of thought provoking and helpful training to better assist you in making our workplace a great place to work. Each month will consist of a theme or topic. You will have an assigned due date for completion.
Most of the training will have a December 31, 2017 due date. You will have about six months to complete the required training. Some will be instructor led or classroom based training. Nevertheless, majority will be on-line web-based training.
Contact Tom Clark, Learning & Development Manager, at (919) 969-5031 or email@example.com for assistance.
Requirements for National Incident Management System Training (NIMS)--provides a list of required courses based on job occupation
New Employee Orientation
Occurs Mondays at 9:00 AM in the HRD Training Room, Second Floor, Town Hall
Learning and Development Program
We are a learning organization! Our Learning and Development program provides all employees the opportunity to develop personal and professional skills that contribute to a improved work/life balance.
- We offer a comprehensive program of training throughout the year designed by a learning professional. Take a look at the many courses we offer.
- Employees may enroll in the courses by emailing Tom Clark, Learning and Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Committees and Task Forces
Serving on a committee or task force is a great way to practice teamwork and gain experience leading an initiative or project on behalf of the committee. Here are some standing committees. To be selected for a task force, employees should indicate their interest during their performance evaluation discussions.
- Employee Forum
- Wellness Committee
- Safety Committee
- Combined Campaign Committee
For an overview of leadership development opportunities, please see here.
- Sustainable Leadership
If you are interested in supervision, or are already a supervisor, then Sustainable Leadership is the class for you! Human Resource Development offers this two-day interactive training to anyone interested in developing qualities, technical skills, and the knowledge required to be an effective leader for the Town of Chapel Hill.
- When the program is scheduled, employees may apply using the Training Request Form.
Smart Leaders Smarter Teams
Four-day workshop offered through Roger Schwarz and Associates with group learning exercises and opportunities to workshop the mindset and behaviors associated with the Mutual Learning approach to team effectiveness.
- This program is required for all Senior Leadership Team members.
- Department Heads are asked to select 1-2 employees per training.
- Employees may submit their interest through the Town Manager's Office by emailing Rae Buckley at email@example.com. The submittal should include information about the individuals interest, their role in leading teams and decision making, and their experience serving on committees or task forces. The submissions will be reviewed by the Town Manager and shared with Department Heads. If selected, employees will complete a Training Request Form.
- Leading for Collaborative Innovation Coming in 2018
- Six-month program to develop leaders who know instinctively how to think systemically, work collaboratively from a mutual learning mindset, lead innovation (generating ideas AND implementing them) and produce effective outcomes for the betterment of the organization and community. The program aims to increase leadership in current roles and develop internal candidates for future leadership roles. Application
Have a suggestion for our Learning and Development Program? Want a customized training experience for your team? Need some help identifying what training might be most helpful for your department? Contact Tom Clark, Learning and Development Manager, at tclark2@townofchapelhill or 919-969-5031.
Training Request Form use this form if you do not have access to the CORNERSTONE learning management system