Newsflash: The Town is currently accepting applications for the Affordable Housing Development Reserve. Applications for this funding cycle are to be submitted electronically by no later than 2:00 pm Friday, December 1, 2017.
The Office of Housing and Community crafts and implements affordable housing policies. The importance of this issue is reflected in the Town's Comprehensive Plan that includes an explicit goal of, "creating a range of housing options for current and future residents."
Highlights of our affordable housing strategy and policy work include:
Affordable Housing Strategy
Affordable Rental Housing Strategy
Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance
Neighborhood Conservation District Overlays
Northside and Pine Knolls Community Plan
- Amendment to the Affordable Housing Fund Guidelines (September 2014)
- "Declaration of Tenants' Rights and Obligations" Document (March 2014)
- Amendment to the Affordable Housing Fund Guidelines (April 2013)
- Residential Market Study Presentation (January 2011)
- Residential Market Study (December 2010)
- Affordable Housing Resolution (January 2009)