On June 25, 2012, the Town Council unanimously adopted the Chapel Hill 2020 comprehensive plan. The Chapel Hill 2020 comprehensive plan is a reflection of the values, aspirations, and ideas of the community. The participants in the Chapel Hill 2020 process envisioned a town that is accessible, affordable, and sustainable; asserted the importance of protecting the community's natural resources; and emphasized the importance of a vibrant downtown and active neighborhoods.
This new planning and visioning document has created a framework for the community and the Town in managing Chapel Hill's future.
Chapel Hill 2020 comprehensive plan and Reports*
- Chapel Hill 2020 comprehensive plan
- Report 1: Action Items
- Report 2: Process and Outreach Summary
- Report 3: Data Summary
* Additional reports were developed that support the Chapel Hill 2020 comprehensive plan. While these documents are not a part of the adopted Chapel Hill 2020 comprehensive plan, they contain additional information about the process, an overview of data, and other material.
Subsequent Additions to the Chapel Hill 2020 Comprehensive Plan
- 2013 Parks Comprehensive Plan
- 2013 Greenways Master Plan
- Central West Small Area Plan
- Chapel Hill Bike Plan
- Glen Lennox Development Agreement
- Stormwater Management Master Plan