Continue focus on Rogers Road area planning and development:
- Approve plan for funding Chapel Hill share of Rogers Road Sewer in partnership with Carrboro and Orange County
- Continue “community‐first planning” for the Greene Tract and surrounding community with ownership and community partners
Judy Johnson, Principal Planner
Funding: Cost sharing interlocal agreement authorized by Orange County, Chapel Hill, and Carrboro - December 6, 2016.
- Request for Qualifications January 25, 2017 (Applications for bidder prequalification for purpose of obtaining a qualified contractor for the Rogers Road sewer project)
- Construction Bid to be advertised March/April 2017
- Expected Construction Contract award (by Orange County) expected late Spring
- Anticipated construction of sewer system to begin in Summer 2017
- Anticipated construction timeline of 12-18 months with completion in late 2018.
Planning: Community-first planning efforts are beginning for Greene Tract and Rogers Road community with other jurisdictions and community partners.
January 30, 2017
- Town of Chapel Hill Rogers Road webpage
- Historic Rogers Road Sewer Plans October 2016
- Historic Rogers Road Sanitary Sewer Extension Phase 1B Report Updated Conceptual Main Line Alignment/Budget/Options Comparisons March 2015
- Board of Orange County Commissioners Meeting December 1, 2014
- Historic Rogers Road Sanitary Sewer Extension Phase 1A Report Updated Conceptual Main Line Alignment/Budget/Options Comparisons November 2014
- Town of Chapel Hill Council enactment of Extraterritorial Jurisdiction boundary and long range planning efforts October 15, 2014
- Historic Rogers Road Neighborhood Task Force Final Report September 2013