Kenneth C. Pennoyer
The Finance Department provides budget, payroll, purchasing, accounting, and revenue collection services; and prepares annual comprehensive financial statements to be independently audited.
Finance Department duties include:
- Support for the budget process, including an accurate and informative budget document and estimation of Town revenues.
- Centralized purchasing and contracts oversight.
- Monitoring the Town’s financial position and providing for appropriate investments and borrowings.
- Payroll and accounts payable services.
- Maintenance of accurate and informative financial records that support the Town’s operations and enable the Town to receive clean opinions by independent auditors and to obtain renewal of the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting and the Distinguished Budget Award from the Government Finance Officers’ Association.
- Centralized revenue collection services for all Departments and collection of taxes for Town and County citizens.
|Revenue Collection Office
is now located on the first floor of Chapel Hill Town Hall, 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.