Have questions or ideas?
Executive Director for the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership
Planner II at the Town of Chapel Hill
Big news! We're expanding!
The Rosemary Imagined planning process (which focused on developing a vision and plan for Rosemary Street) is expanding to include all of downtown, including Franklin Street.
The newly named – “Downtown Imagined” – is the planning process that will build upon the work and community input from Rosemary Imagined to develop a plan for all of downtown!
Downtown Imagined is:
- A community planning process that will imagine and envision Downtown Chapel Hill of the future and will develop a plan to reach these visions.
- Building upon the community work of Rosemary Imagined which is an innovative planning initiative that will refine our thinking of how Rosemary Street fits into the development and growth of downtown Chapel Hill.
- Focused on developing a vision for the future of the downtown that emphasizes the Town’s focus on connections, choices, and community.
Want to learn more? Watch this VIDEO!
Draft Downtown Vision and Implementation Plan
A draft Downtown Vision and Implementation Plan has been developed for downtown Chapel Hill based upon conversations and feedback from the community! Please take a look at the plan and let us know what you think!
Join us for information, conversation, and imagination at the Downtown Imagined: Community Input Meetings on Monday, August 11!
The purpose of the Downtown Imagined: Community Input Meetings are to gather community ideas and thoughts about the future of Downtown Chapel Hill and to receive community input on the updated concept and expanded draft plan that includes all of downtown.
When: Monday, August 11, 2014
What time: Two identical, drop-in meetings will be held at the following times:
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., with a brief overview presentation at 12:15 p.m.
- 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., with a brief overview presentation at 5:15 p.m.
Where: The Great Room at University Baptist Church, at the corner of Franklin and Columbia Streets (100 S. Columbia Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27514). To get to the Great Room, please use the church entrance that is located at the back of the church; signs will guide you to the Great Room.
Parking: For information about places to park when coming to the meeting, please visit www.parkonthehill.com
Revised Draft Rosemary Street Vision and Implementation Plan + Concept
Last Revised: June 2014
Share your thoughts about the revised draft concept and plan for Rosemary Street!
What is in the revised draft Rosemary Street Vision and Implementation Plan?
The Rosemary Street Vision and Implementation Plan consists of two parts:
- The draft concept which is a map of Rosemary Street that identifies:
- Potential redevelopment sites along Rosemary Street;
- Locations of parks and greenways;
- New pedestrian and bicycle connections as well as long-term opportunities for car connections;
- And lots of other fun and neat things!
- Twenty-one visions for the future of Rosemary Street. These visions include a vision statement, "next steps," and leads and partners for implementation and are organized based on the themes from the Chapel Hill 2020 comprehensive plan.
How was the revised draft Rosemary Street Vision and Implementation Plan developed?
In April of 2014, we began gathering input and thoughts from the community about the three draft concepts and the draft vision plan for Rosemary Street (for copies of these drafts, see below). We received a lot of great feedback, and thank you to everyone who attended the meetings!
We have taken the input and revised the three draft concepts into one draft concept and have updated the draft vision and implementation plan. We would now like your feedback about the revised draft concept and draft vision plan!
How can I give my input?
Please let us know if you have thoughts to share about the revised draft concept and plan! You can email or call Megan Wooley (Town of Chapel Hill) or Meg McGurk (Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership). Megan W can be reached at 919-969-5059, and Meg M can be reached at 919-967-9440. Both can be reached through email at email@example.com
If your neighbors or organization would like to meet with Megan and Meg to share your thoughts, please let us know, and we would be happy to meet with you!
Past Versions of the Draft Concept and Draft Plan for Rosemary Street
Draft Concepts - April 2014
Three draft concepts have been developed by the consulting team from KlingStubbins, a planning firm located in Raleigh. These concepts are based upon the community input and feedback received during the community meetings held in the summer and fall of 2013 and from meetings with property owners.
To view the draft Concepts from April of 2014, titled Option A, Option B, and Option C, please click here: DRAFT CONCEPTS
Draft Rosemary Street Vision and Implementation Plan - April 2014
During the Rosemary Imagined community meetings, many participants shared visions for and ideas about the Rosemary Street of the future. These ideas were pulled together to create the draft Rosemary Street Vision and Implementation Plan.
- To view the draft Rosemary Street Vision and Implementation Plan from April of 2014, please click here: DRAFT PLAN
April - May of 2014
Additional Information and Resources