Have questions or ideas?
Executive Director for the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership
Planner II at the Town of Chapel Hill
Downtown Imagined is the process to develop a plan
for the future of downtown Chapel Hill!
Downtown Imagined builds upon the work and input from the Rosemary Imagined process (which focused on developing a vision and plan for Rosemary Street) and was expanded to include all of downtown, including Franklin Street.
For more information about the Rosemary Imagined planning process, click here.
Downtown Imagined is:
- A community planning process that will imagine and envision Downtown Chapel Hill of the future and will develop a plan to reach these visions.
- Building upon the community work of Rosemary Imagined which is an innovative planning initiative that will refine our thinking of how Rosemary Street fits into the development and growth of downtown Chapel Hill.
- Focused on developing a vision for the future of the downtown that emphasizes the Town’s focus on connections, choices, and community.
Want to learn more? Watch this VIDEO!
Draft Downtown Vision and Implementation Plan
A draft Downtown Vision and Implementation Plan has been developed for downtown Chapel Hill based upon conversations and feedback from the community! Please take a look at the plan and let us know what you think!
The following provides an overview of the upcoming meetings. Please join us!
- September 10, 2014: Council Work Session - We will be providing the Council with an update about the draft Downtown Vision and Implementation Plan and will be asking for their feedback. For more information, click here.
- October 21, 2014: Downtown Imagined Community Meeting - We are in the final stretches of the Downtown Imagined planning process! Join us to learn more about the final draft of the Downtown Vision and Implementation Plan. (Note: A revised draft will be posted on this webpage; the revised draft will be presented at this meeting.) More information coming soon.
- Tentatively November 2014 - Planning Commission Meeting
- Tentatively January 2015 - Public Hearing
- Tentatively February 2015 - Town Council Meeting
Additional Information and Resources