Ready to get involved?
Apply to be a member of an advisory board, committee or commission!
Chapel Hill local government has various standing boards and commissions that advise the Town Council on a wide range of issues. We are currently looking to fill vacancies on all boards and commissions.
For more information on the work of these groups, eligibility requirements, or to complete an application form, please visit www.townofchapelhill.org/boards.
Apply now at https://chapelhill.granicus.com/boards/forms/146/apply. Apply by April 2 for assured consideration.
On June 30, 2013, the Town of Chapel Hill experienced flood damage throughout our town. Emergency crews are doing everything within their expertise to make the town a safe and livable place for all.
Emergency crews will be monitoring situations throughout the town during the next 48 hours. Some of the Town’s services have been altered to continue to serve the needs of our residents to include:
Parks and Recreation:
- Umstead Park-Picnic and playground area is closed due to debris
- Community Center-Playground area is closed
- Greenways-Residents are encouraged to stay off of greenways until the staff has had time to do a thorough inspection to ensure safety.
- Bocce courts at the Chapel Hill Community Center are closed until further notice.
- Due to flooding in the lower level of Town Hall, the Business Service Management department has relocated to the second floor of Town Hall.
Damage assessment teams have been deployed to continue to provide status updates for residents and business owners. These teams will determine when areas are safe to occupy and/or any additional information we can provide to the community.
As a community, emergency services request that if citizens see areas that look questionable or potentially dangerous, please report these issues. You may email email@example.com or call 919-968-2743.
Share photos of the flood at crowdmap.com/map/chapelhillflood.
ISSUED BY: Lisa Edwards, Public Information Officer
SUBJECT: Flooding and Evacuation-UPDATE
CONTACT: Fire Department PIO (919-969-2005)
Police Department PIO (919-968-2760)