Ready to get involved?
Apply to be a member of an advisory board, committee or commission!
Chapel Hill local government has various standing boards and commissions that advise the Town Council on a wide range of issues. We are currently looking to fill vacancies on all boards and commissions.
For more information on the work of these groups, eligibility requirements, or to complete an application form, please visit www.townofchapelhill.org/boards.
Apply now at https://chapelhill.granicus.com/boards/forms/146/apply. Apply by April 2 for assured consideration.
Chapel Hill Transit INCLEMENT WEATHER UPDATE | Normal Services Resume at 8 a.m.
UPDATE 8 a.m. Tuesday, March 13: Chapel Hill Transit has resumed normal service on all routes including the GoTriangle 420 (Hillsborough Express).
Chapel Hill Transit makes every effort to safety operate all services during winter weather. We are committed to announcing any decision to change services promptly to give customers as much lead time as possible to plan accordingly.
Chapel Hill Transit will continue to monitor weather conditions throughout the morning and will provide another update later this morning.
Chapel Hill Transit buses will continue to follow normal routes and published schedules as long as the streets are safe for travel.If there is a significant accumulation of snow, ice or freezing rain, some routes will be put on detours (as buses may not be able to serve parts of a route that are hilly or too dangerous to drive on). To be safe, dress warmly and expect delays. Road conditions affect all traffic, so buses may experience delays. They likely won't be on schedule, but buses should still arrive at regular intervals.
Where to Get Service Information:
Conditions can change quickly. Before you leave, get the latest updates on weather-related delays and detours:
- Call 919-969-4900 and press "1" for Route and Schedule Information – expect some wait time due to high call volumes
- For EZ Rider Services call 919-969-5544
- Check local TV and radio stations
- Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/chtransit) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/chtransit)
CHT’s NextBus system estimates the next arrivals for buses in real time, based on each vehicle's location and average speed. But when many vehicles are off-route or significantly delayed, it cannot make accurate arrival predictions. NextBus can, however, tell you if your line is delayed, or the location of the next vehicle.
- If there's no traffic going by your bus stop, walk to a stop on a busy street.
- If your bus stop is in the middle of a hill, walk to the bottom or top where the operator can safely stop.
- Stand back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop. Buses can slide sideways in slippery conditions.
- Keep in mind, your bus may not pull all the way over to the curb to avoid getting stuck.
Chapel Hill Transit is the public transportation provider that serves Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For complete information about Chapel Hill Transit services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest Chapel Hill Transit stop, visit us at www.chtransit.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call a customer service representative at 919-485- 7433.