Ready to get involved?
Apply to be a member of an advisory board, committee or commission!
Chapel Hill local government has various standing boards and commissions that advise the Town Council on a wide range of issues. We are currently looking to fill vacancies on all boards and commissions.
For more information on the work of these groups, eligibility requirements, or to complete an application form, please visit www.townofchapelhill.org/boards.
Apply now at https://chapelhill.granicus.com/boards/forms/146/apply. Apply by April 2 for assured consideration.
Additional Buses for UNC-Chapel Hill Early Release March 12
Chapel Hill Transit will operate additional buses beginning at 12:30 p.m. today (Monday, March 12) to assist with the University at North Carolina early release at 1 p.m. today.
Chapel Hill Transit buses will continue to follow normal routes and published schedules as long as the streets are safe for travel. Staff members will continue to monitor the weather throughout the day and will provide an update about Tuesday's service later this evening.
Where to Get Service Information:
Conditions can change quickly. Before you leave, get the latest updates on weather related delays and detours:
- Check CHT’s Inclement Weather page at www.townofchapelhill.org/snow
- Call 919-969-4900 and press "1" for Route and Schedule Information – expect some wait time due to high call volumes
- For EZ Rider Services call 919-969-5544
- Check local TV and radio stations
- Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/chtransit) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/chtransit)
CHT’s NextBus system estimates the next arrivals for buses in real time, based on each vehicle's location and average speed. But when many vehicles are off-route or significantly delayed, it cannot make accurate arrival predictions. NextBus can, however, tell you if your line is delayed, or the location of the next vehicle.
- If there's no traffic going by your bus stop, walk to a stop on a busy street.
- If your bus stop is in the middle of a hill, walk to the bottom or top where the operator can safely stop.
- Stand back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop. Buses can slide sideways in slippery conditions.
- Keep in mind, your bus may not pull all the way over to the curb to avoid getting stuck.
Chapel Hill Transit is the public transportation provider that serves Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For complete information about Chapel Hill Transit services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest Chapel Hill Transit stop, visit us at www.chtransit.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call a customer service representative at 919-485-7433.