Public Meetings for the Gateway Light Rail Station area
A public information meeting regarding the Gateway Light Rail Station area will be held on March 13 at the Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive.
There are two options to attend and each meeting with cover the same information:
Option A: Tuesday, March 13, 2018
9:00 – 11:00 AM
Chapel Hill Public Library, Room A
Option B: Tuesday, March 13, 2018
12:00 – 2:00 PM
Chapel Hill Public Library, Room C
Tuesday Evening Meeting, March 12, 7-9 p.m.
In addition, a Joint Advisory Board Meeting will be held from 7– 9 p.m. on March 12 at the Chapel Hill Public Library, Room B. This meeting will cover the same information and will include an opportunity for public comment, however it will have an advisory board focus.
The Town is actively working to draft transit-supportive land development regulations to guide redevelopment in the Gateway Station Area and ensure community benefits. These regulations could serve as a framework to develop additional zoning districts specific to the other five station areas in Chapel Hill.
The timeline for meetings and workshops around this project include:
- February 2017: Initiation of station area planning process with multi-day public design workshop
- May 2017: Joint meeting of Town’s development review advisory boards
- June 2017: Project update to Town Council
- October 2017: Joint meeting of Town’s development review advisory boards
- February 2, 2018: Presentation to Council Committee on Economic Sustainability