Winter Storm Inga Update
Chapel Hill is cleaning up after Winter Storm Inga dumped nearly a foot of snow on the town. High-traffic roads have been cleared, but icy spots remain.
Town facilities are open Friday. Chapel Hill Transit service is operating on a modified schedule.
Residential solid waste collection will resume normal schedules next week. Commercial solid waste collection will be made up Saturday. Yard waste collection, including leaf collection, is canceled this week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday curbside recycling routes—collected by Orange County Solid Waste—will be collected Friday and Saturday.
Chapel Hill Transit Makes Service Adjustments on Jan. 7
Chapel Hill Transit will make the following service schedule adjustments beginning Sunday, Jan. 7, 2018:
- The weekend U and NU routes will resume on Sunday, Jan. 7, 2018.
- The weekday NU route will resume on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018.
- A-Limited morning trips (7:14–9:44 a.m.) will resume on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018. These trips operate in a loop between Hillsborough Street, Campus and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and only operate when the University is in session.
- Safe Ride routes will resume on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018.
- The V route will no longer serve St. Thomas More School. The 7:30 a.m. trip departing Harris Teeter will depart at 7:36 a.m. and the 2:52 p.m. trip departing Harris Teeter will begin at UNC Hospital at 3:14 p.m.
- EZ Rider will operate Monday-Friday from 5 a.m. to 11:17 p.m., Saturdays from 8:15 a.m. to 11:17 p.m. and Sundays from 10:38 a.m. until 11:17 p.m. (Premium Service will operate on a space-available basis from 10 a.m.–4 p.m.)
For more information, email email@example.com or contact a customer service representative at 919-485-7433.