Transit Inclement Weather Update: Delayed Start Jan. 5, 2018
UPDATED 8 a.m. Friday, Jan. 5
Due to winter weather conditions (neighborhood street conditions and re-icing) Chapel Hill Transit will begin service at 8 a.m. Friday, Jan. 5, 2018.
All routes will operate as normal beginning at 8 a.m. (as conditions allow) EXCEPT the following: B, CL, HS and Senior Shuttle.
The following routes will not serve the following areas:
- 420 (GoTriangle) – Durham Tech
- G route – Booker Creek, North Lakeshore Drive, Honeysuckle Drive
- N route – Village Drive
- V route – Southern Village neighborhood (park and ride only)
- Park and Ride lots - lots are icy and customers should use extreme caution.
Routes will operate as normal beginning at 8 a.m. (as conditions allow) and customers should expect delays as buses will be operating at slower speeds.
EZ Rider will likely begin no earlier than 9 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 5, 2018. Customers may experience delays as road conditions dictate the ability of operators to maneuver their vehicles on many area side streets and provide door-to-door service.
Chapel Hill Transit will provide an update at 8 a.m.
Chapel Hill Transit is committed to announcing any decision to change services promptly to give customers as much lead time as possible to plan accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience, but safety is our highest priority.
Chapel Hill Transit staff will continue to monitor conditions throughout the evening and morning and will provide any updates on services as soon as possible.
Chapel Hill Transit buses will continue to follow normal routes and published schedules as long as the streets are safe for travel. If there is a significant accumulation of snow, ice or freezing rain, some routes will be put on detours (as buses may not be able to serve parts of a route that are hilly or too dangerous to drive on). To be safe, dress warmly and expect delays.
Road conditions affect all traffic, so buses may experience delays. They likely won't be on schedule, but buses should still arrive at regular intervals.
Where to Get Service Information:
Conditions can change quickly. Before you leave, get the latest updates on weather related delays and detours:
- Check CHT’s Inclement Weather page at www.townofchapelhill.org/snow
- Call 919-969-4900 and press "1" for Route and Schedule Information – expect some wait time due to high call volumes
- For EZ Rider Services call 919-969-5544
- Check local TV and radio stations
- Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/chtransit) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/chtransit)
CHT’s NextBus system estimates the next arrivals for buses in real time, based on each vehicle's location and average speed. But when many vehicles are off-route or significantly delayed, it cannot make accurate arrival predictions. NextBus can, however, tell you if your line is delayed, or the location of the next vehicle.
- If there's no traffic going by your bus stop, walk to a stop on a busy street.
- If your bus stop is in the middle of a hill, walk to the bottom or top where the operator can safely stop.
- Stand back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop. Buses can slide sideways in slippery conditions.
- Keep in mind, your bus may not pull all the way over to the curb to avoid getting stuck.
Chapel Hill Transit is the public transportation provider that serves Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For complete information about Chapel Hill Transit services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest Chapel Hill Transit stop, visit us at www.chtransit.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call a customer service representative at 919-485- 7433.