Introduction to Development Agreements
A public informational session on the development agreement process will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 19 in the Council Chamber of Town Hall, 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
A development agreement is a unique development tool for large projects, and two development agreements are currently being pursued in Chapel Hill:
- The future Municipal Services Center project on Estes Drive
- The Amity Station project at Amity Court and West Rosemary Street
Mayor and Council Sworn into Office
The Town Council gathered for the post-election swearing in of the Mayor and Council Members at an organizational meeting held Wednesday, Dec. 6, at Chapel Hill Town Hall.
The oaths of office were administered to
- Mayor Pam Hemminger by Chief District Court Judge Joe Buckner
- Council Member Allen Buansi by NC Senator Valerie Foushee
- Council Member Hongbin Gu by Mayor Hemminger
- Council Member Rachel Schaevitz by Mayor Hemminger
- Council Member Karen Stegman by District Court Judge Sherri Murrell
In addition, the Council expressed appreciation to Council Member George Cianciolo, Council Member Sally Greene, Council Member Ed Harrison and Council Member Maria Palmer for their service to the community.
The business of the meeting included the seating of the new Council, election of the mayor pro tempore, and appointment of Council liaisons and representatives. A reception was held following the meeting.
The video from this meetings will be available on Thursday at http://www.townofchapelhill.org/councilvideo