Apply Now: Community Police Academy
The Chapel Hill Police Department will host its Community Police Academy beginning Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017. We will accept applications through Friday, Sept. 22, 2017.
The Community Police Academy is an action-packed, two-day event providing community members with an “inside look” at how their police department functions. The Academy is designed to increase understanding and awareness of the role of the Chapel Hill Police Department and the day-to-day life of a police officer through computer simulated “hands-on” activities and engaging discussions.
Participants will experience:
- Exercises simulating real police scenarios (computer simulations)
- Officer Equipment demonstrations
- Arrest procedures
- Use of Force discussions
- Social/Mental Health Issues
- Citizen Complaints/Internal Affairs
- Police Canine (K9) Program demonstrations
- Special Emergency Response Capabilities
- ...and more
The Community Police Academy is open to anyone 16 years of age or older.
Anyone wishing to attend the Community Police Academy must complete an application at surveymonkey.com/r/2017FallCPA by Friday, Sept. 22, 2017.