Welcoming #ChapelHill #peoplemakingadifference!
Volunteers to advisory boards met Friday morning for breakfast and orientation with Mayor Pam Hemminger, Town Manager Roger Stancil and other Town staff. Thank you for your #communityengagement & #govlov.
Learn more about serving on an advisory board or commission at www.townofchapelhill.org/boards.
Beyond the Headlines: Panel Discussion on Confederate Monuments
Chapel Hill Public Library and Carolina Public Humanities are partnering to present, “Beyond the Headlines: Confederate Monuments, Historical Memory & Free Speech.” The event will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 30, in Meeting Room B at Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive, and will feature a panel discussion with UNC faculty and community members. Following the panel presentations, the audience will be invited to ask questions and discuss these issues with our panelists.
- Chris Blue, Town of Chapel Hill Police Chief and Executive Director for Community Safety
- Danielle Christmas, Assistant Professor of English, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Jamie Fiocco, Manager and Owner, Flyleaf Books
- William Sturkey, Assistant Professor of History, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Harry Watson, Atlanta Alumni Distinguished Professor of Southern Culture, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Edwin M. Yoder, Jr., Contributing Columnist, Raleigh News and Observer
- Lloyd Kramer, Professor of History and Director, Carolina Public Humanities, UNC-Chapel Hill
Download a flyer to share with anyone who might be interested. For more information, visit http://chapelhillpubliclibrary.org/eventscalendar/panel-discussion/
Parking at the library is limited. Please consider carpooling or using Chapel Hill Transit.