Free Weekend Parking for the Holiday Season
Shop and eat locally this holiday season in downtown Chapel Hill! The Town of Chapel Hill's parking specials begin on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, Nov. 23) and continue through the weekend including Small Business Saturday (Nov. 25) with free public parking downtown.
Beyond the Headlines: Panel Discussion on Confederate Monuments
Chapel Hill Public Library and Carolina Public Humanities are partnering to present, “Beyond the Headlines: Confederate Monuments, Historical Memory & Free Speech.” The event will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 30, in Meeting Room B at Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive, and will feature a panel discussion with UNC faculty and community members. Following the panel presentations, the audience will be invited to ask questions and discuss these issues with our panelists.
- Chris Blue, Town of Chapel Hill Police Chief and Executive Director for Community Safety
- Danielle Christmas, Assistant Professor of English, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Jamie Fiocco, Manager and Owner, Flyleaf Books
- William Sturkey, Assistant Professor of History, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Harry Watson, Atlanta Alumni Distinguished Professor of Southern Culture, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Edwin M. Yoder, Jr., Contributing Columnist, Raleigh News and Observer
- Lloyd Kramer, Professor of History and Director, Carolina Public Humanities, UNC-Chapel Hill
Download a flyer to share with anyone who might be interested. For more information, visit http://chapelhillpubliclibrary.org/eventscalendar/panel-discussion/
Parking at the library is limited. Please consider carpooling or using Chapel Hill Transit.