Sort by clicking on the drop-down menus below for:
- Adverse weather and Emergency updates
- Service Updates
- Town News releases
- Town-Sponsored Events
Alerts/News/Events older than three months can be found by clicking “View Archived News”.
Subscribe to Town Updates based on specific categories under the News section.
Chapel Hill Transit Introduces New Daily Parking Option at Park and Ride Lots!
Chapel Hill Transit has partnered with Parkmobile USA, Inc. to bring an easier and more efficient parking service at designated Park & Ride lots (Eubanks, Carrboro Plaza, Southern Village, and Jones Ferry). Customers can now pay for parking by using Parkmobile’s mobile application for the iPhone, Android, Windows, and Blackberry smart phones.
Customers have the choice to use either the current meter or the new Parkmobile app. Daily parking fee is $2. The fee is in effect 4 a.m.–6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The system is live and available for the customers to use. If customers have questions about using the service, they should contact Parkmobile at 877-PARK-HLP (877-727-5457).
- 8801 Eubanks P&R
- 8802 Jones Ferry P&R
- 8803 Carrboro P&R
- 8804 Southern Village P&R
How It Works:
- PARK - Look for the Parkmobile sign or sticker (it’s bright green!) and identify your 4-digit zone number.
- PHONE - Once registered, use the Parkmobile app to enter in the zone number listed on the sign to start a parking session.
- GO – Confirm your session is active and that’s it! And just to make life easier, you can opt-in to receive a notification 15 minutes before your parking session is set to expire.
To use the new Parkmobile system, customers can register for free at www.parkmobile.com or download the mobile app. Once registered, use the mobile app, the internet, or a toll free number (located on the Parkmobile signs or meter stickers in your parking area) to pay for parking. After setting up the account, customers can immediately start using the system with their registered mobile phone.
For more info, see:
Get the app now!
Park and Ride Lots and Routes:
For any questions, please call customer service at 919-485-RIDE or visit www.chtransit.org.