A Message from OWASA
Sewer repair at Prestwick Road to start on June 26
A contractor working for the Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) (Carolina Civil Works) plans to begin a sewer repair on Prestwick Road and in an OWASA easement on nearby property on Monday, June 26. The work will close Prestwick Road from its intersection with Hamilton Road to the parking garage entrance.
We estimate the repair will be complete in September 2017, subject to weather and other conditions.
This project has no connection to the Town of Chapel Hill's fire station reconstruction at the corner of Hamilton and Prestwick roads. For more information about the Town's reconstruction of Fire Station 2, please visit www.townofchapelhill.org/gettingaround.
Click to enlarge
How the work may affect you
- Construction will impact drivers on Prestwick Road and pedestrians along NC 54 and Prestwick Road. Driving ramps will be available for access to the lower parking deck through the Aloft driveway and pedestrian ramps will be available along the south side of Prestwick. While the ramp is being built, only the parking garage entrance off Preswick will be open.
- A large black plastic pipe on top of the pavement will carry wastewater around the repair area. This line will be protected throughout the project by concrete or plastic water filled barriers. If you have any questions, concerns or comments about the pipe, please contact Simon Lobdell, PE, Project Manager, immediately at 919-537-4247 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there are unplanned interruptions of utility services, we will work with the utilities involved to restore service as soon as possible.
- There will be noise, odor and mud, but we will comply with the Town's noise ordinance. Work hours will typically be from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- However, at least twice during the project, work will have to occur at night and this will involve noise and odor. We will send an update when the night work is scheduled.
Comments or questions?
For future updates please feel free to contact Simon Lobdell, PE, Project Manager, at 919-537-4247 or email@example.com whenever you have any questions or comments.
If you have questions about the Town's construction, please contact Ran Northam, Town of Chapel Hill Community Safety Communications Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 969-4878.
We ask you to share your e-mail address with OWASA if you received this notice in paper form. We strongly prefer e-mail because it saves postage, paper and time and it enables us to reach you quickly if necessary.
If you have renters at your property/ies near our project, please ask them to contact OWASA if they have questions or comments or wish to be on our distribution list for future updates.