Downtown Chapel Hill Gets a Makeover for Mother’s Day and UNC Graduation
Preparing for thousands of anticipated visitors on Mother’s Day and UNC-Chapel Hill graduation weekend May 13-14, downtown Chapel Hill is putting on a shine.
Spring cleaning and maintenance in downtown Chapel Hill includes:
- installing WELCOME to Downtown banners
- cleaning and pressure washing of streets, sidewalks and trash receptacles
- planting and mulching in raised brick planters on the 100 East Franklin Street including Columbia Streets
- picking up litter from sidewalks and parking lots
- putting up new flags at Town Hall and the Post Office
- painting public art on signal boxes – including one at Rosemary and Robinson streets
- paying special clean-up and maintenance attention to Town-maintained cemeteries
- proactively checking and repairing downtown lighting
- devoting extra time to identifying and addressing graffiti
- mowing along Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard, Fordham Boulevard and South Road/Raleigh Road
Bringing out the beauty of Chapel Hill’s downtown is a team effort among Public Works and Parks & Recreation departments, the Chapel Hill Police Department, and the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership.
Looking for fun things to do in downtown this weekend? visit www.downtownchapelhill.com