Ready to get involved?
Apply to be a member of an advisory board, committee or commission!
Chapel Hill local government has various standing boards and commissions that advise the Town Council on a wide range of issues. We are currently looking to fill vacancies on all boards and commissions.
For more information on the work of these groups, eligibility requirements, or to complete an application form, please visit www.townofchapelhill.org/boards.
Apply now at https://chapelhill.granicus.com/boards/forms/146/apply. Apply by April 2 for assured consideration.
Downtown Chapel Hill Gets a Makeover for Mother’s Day and UNC Graduation
Preparing for thousands of anticipated visitors on Mother’s Day and UNC-Chapel Hill graduation weekend May 13-14, downtown Chapel Hill is putting on a shine.
Spring cleaning and maintenance in downtown Chapel Hill includes:
- installing WELCOME to Downtown banners
- cleaning and pressure washing of streets, sidewalks and trash receptacles
- planting and mulching in raised brick planters on the 100 East Franklin Street including Columbia Streets
- picking up litter from sidewalks and parking lots
- putting up new flags at Town Hall and the Post Office
- painting public art on signal boxes – including one at Rosemary and Robinson streets
- paying special clean-up and maintenance attention to Town-maintained cemeteries
- proactively checking and repairing downtown lighting
- devoting extra time to identifying and addressing graffiti
- mowing along Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard, Fordham Boulevard and South Road/Raleigh Road
Bringing out the beauty of Chapel Hill’s downtown is a team effort among Public Works and Parks & Recreation departments, the Chapel Hill Police Department, and the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership.
Looking for fun things to do in downtown this weekend? visit www.downtownchapelhill.com