Chapel Hill Celebrates Arbor Day Nov. 17
The Town of Chapel Hill’s annual Arbor Day celebration will be held at 11:15 a.m. Friday, Nov. 17, at Chapel Hill Town Hall, 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., in the parking lot on the corner of Columbia and Stevens streets.
Suzie Roth’s third grade class from Northside Elementary School will participate and do a presentation of The Giving Tree.
Downtown Chapel Hill Gets a Makeover for Mother’s Day and UNC Graduation
Preparing for thousands of anticipated visitors on Mother’s Day and UNC-Chapel Hill graduation weekend May 13-14, downtown Chapel Hill is putting on a shine.
Spring cleaning and maintenance in downtown Chapel Hill includes:
- installing WELCOME to Downtown banners
- cleaning and pressure washing of streets, sidewalks and trash receptacles
- planting and mulching in raised brick planters on the 100 East Franklin Street including Columbia Streets
- picking up litter from sidewalks and parking lots
- putting up new flags at Town Hall and the Post Office
- painting public art on signal boxes – including one at Rosemary and Robinson streets
- paying special clean-up and maintenance attention to Town-maintained cemeteries
- proactively checking and repairing downtown lighting
- devoting extra time to identifying and addressing graffiti
- mowing along Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard, Fordham Boulevard and South Road/Raleigh Road
Bringing out the beauty of Chapel Hill’s downtown is a team effort among Public Works and Parks & Recreation departments, the Chapel Hill Police Department, and the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership.
Looking for fun things to do in downtown this weekend? visit www.downtownchapelhill.com