Chapel Hill Transit Needs Your Input!
The Chapel Hill Transit service area is continuing to grow and how people get around is changing. Building on past planning work, Chapel Hill Transit is conducting a Short-Range Transit Plan (SRTP) that will service as a roadmap for the next 10 years and position the system for continued future success. This plan is being developed in coordination with similar short range transit planning efforts being undertaken by Orange Public Transportation and GoTriangle.
What can Chapel Hill Transit do to better meet your transit needs?
Downtown Chapel Hill Gets a Makeover for Mother’s Day and UNC Graduation
Preparing for thousands of anticipated visitors on Mother’s Day and UNC-Chapel Hill graduation weekend May 13-14, downtown Chapel Hill is putting on a shine.
Spring cleaning and maintenance in downtown Chapel Hill includes:
- installing WELCOME to Downtown banners
- cleaning and pressure washing of streets, sidewalks and trash receptacles
- planting and mulching in raised brick planters on the 100 East Franklin Street including Columbia Streets
- picking up litter from sidewalks and parking lots
- putting up new flags at Town Hall and the Post Office
- painting public art on signal boxes – including one at Rosemary and Robinson streets
- paying special clean-up and maintenance attention to Town-maintained cemeteries
- proactively checking and repairing downtown lighting
- devoting extra time to identifying and addressing graffiti
- mowing along Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard, Fordham Boulevard and South Road/Raleigh Road
Bringing out the beauty of Chapel Hill’s downtown is a team effort among Public Works and Parks & Recreation departments, the Chapel Hill Police Department, and the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership.
Looking for fun things to do in downtown this weekend? visit www.downtownchapelhill.com