Sort by clicking on the drop-down menus below for:
- Adverse weather and Emergency updates
- Service Updates
- Town News releases
- Town-Sponsored Events
Alerts/News/Events older than three months can be found by clicking “View Archived News”.
Subscribe to Town Updates based on specific categories under the News section.
Chapel Hill Transit May Service Schedule Adjustments
- The weekend NU and U routes will not operate and will resume on Saturday, Aug. 12.
- The weekday NU will not operate and will resume on Monday, Aug. 14.
- The weekday A-Limited morning trips (7:14–9:44 a.m.) will not operate and will resume on Monday, Aug. 14.
- EZ Rider will operate Monday-Friday from 5 a.m. to 11:17 p.m., Saturdays from 8:15 a.m. to 6:52 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Sunday service will operate within the town limits of Chapel Hill and Carrboro on a space available basis. Reservations for Sunday service must be requested no later than 12 p.m. on the Friday prior to the requested Sunday service date). Reservations will be available from 1–5 p.m. on weekends.
Safe Ride routes will end on Saturday, April 29 and will resume on Thursday, Aug. 24.
Chapel Hill Transit is the public transportation provider that serves Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For complete information about Chapel Hill Transit services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest stop, visit us at www.chtransit.org , email email@example.com, or call a customer service representative at 919-485-7433.