Chapel Hill Celebrates Arbor Day Nov. 17
The Town of Chapel Hill’s annual Arbor Day celebration will be held at 11:15 a.m. Friday, Nov. 17, at Chapel Hill Town Hall, 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., in the parking lot on the corner of Columbia and Stevens streets.
Suzie Roth’s third grade class from Northside Elementary School will participate and do a presentation of The Giving Tree.
Traffic and Transit Impacts: Tar Heel 10 Miler
The 10th running of Endurance Magazine’s Tar Heel 10 Miler featuring the Fleet Feet Sports Four Mile Run will cause some impacts to traffic and Chapel Hill Transit on Saturday, April 22.
People who drive are advised to seek alternate routes to avoid delays between 6 and 10 a.m. The Chapel Hill Police Department will have officers stationed at various intersections to guide people who drive and ensure public safety. The following list highlights closures along the race course.
- Raleigh Road: 5-10 a.m. | Country Club Road to U.S. Highway 15-501
- Franklin Street: 7-9 a.m. | Estes Drive* to Graham Street
- *Local traffic only (residents) between Estes Drive and Park Place
- Hillsborough Street: 7:30-9 a.m. | Franklin Street to North Street
- North Street: 7:30-9 a.m. | Hillsborough Street to Boundary Street
- Boundary Street: 7:30-9 a.m. | North Street to Franklin Street
- East Rosemary Street: 7:30-9 a.m. | Hillsborough Street to Boundary Street
- Raleigh Street, Battle Lane & Boundary Street: 7:30-8:45 a.m.
- Gimghoul Road: 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Greenwood Road: 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- Laurel Hill Road: 8:30-10 a.m.
The roadways will clear and normal traffic is expected to resume by 10 a.m. For more information, including a course map, visit tarheel10miler.com.
Chapel Hill Transit
The Chapel Hill Transit Saturday T and FG routes will be detoured on Saturday, April 22, due to the annual UNC Science Expo and the Tar Heel 10 Miler.
For detour information, visit townofchapelhill.org/Home/Components/News/News/10987/22.
For more information, contact Endurance Magazine’s Amy Charney at email@example.com or 877-293-6387.