Chapel Hill Transit Needs Your Input!
The Chapel Hill Transit service area is continuing to grow and how people get around is changing. Building on past planning work, Chapel Hill Transit is conducting a Short-Range Transit Plan (SRTP) that will service as a roadmap for the next 10 years and position the system for continued future success. This plan is being developed in coordination with similar short range transit planning efforts being undertaken by Orange Public Transportation and GoTriangle.
What can Chapel Hill Transit do to better meet your transit needs?
Chapel Hill Transit F, J, NS, NU and Safe Ride Routes Update for Friday, March 10
- F Route – pick up and drop off on Cameron Avenue at Pittsboro Street. The route will be detoured along Raleigh Street, South Road, Columbia Street to Cameron Avenue and Merritt Mill Road
- J Route – pick up and drop off on Cameron Avenue at Pittsboro Street. The route will be detoured along Cameron Avenue.
- NS Route – pick up and drop off on Hillsborough at Rosemary Street. The route will be detoured along South Road, Raleigh Street, Hillsborough Street to and from Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- NU Route – pick up and drop off on Hillsborough Street at Rosemary Street, not serving Abernathy or Columbia at Rosemary stops
- Safe T – pick up and drop off at Chapel Hill Town Hall on Martin Luther King Jr., Boulevard
- Safe J – pick up and drop off at Franklin Street and Church Street (near Might as Well)
- Safe G – pick up and drop off on Columbia Street at ROTC
In the event of road closures, Chapel Hill Transit will attempt to maintain posted schedules and routes; however, customers should plan for detours and delays.
Safe Ride is a service funded by the UNC-Chapel Hill Student Government for the safety of students.
Chapel Hill Transit is the public transportation provider that serves Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For complete information about Chapel Hill Transit services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest stop, visit us at www.chtransit.org , email email@example.com, or call a customer service representative at 919-485-7433.