Sort by clicking on the drop-down menus below for:
- Adverse weather and Emergency updates
- Service Updates
- Town News releases
- Town-Sponsored Events
Alerts/News/Events older than three months can be found by clicking “View Archived News”.
Subscribe to Town Updates based on specific categories under the News section.
Weekend NU and Safe Ride Routes Update for Saturday, March 4
Chapel Hill Transit Weekend NU and Safe Ride routes will operate on Saturday, March 4, 2017, and will follow regular routes and schedules as long as street conditions allow safe travel. In the event Franklin Street or other streets are closed following the UNC basketball game, the Weekend NU and Safe Rides will operate on detoured routes and serve Downtown/Franklin Street areas using the following stops:
- Weekend NU Route – pick up and drop off on Rosemary Street (near He’s Not Here), not serving Abernathy or Columbia at Rosemary stops
- Safe T – pick up and drop off at Chapel Hill Town Hall at 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Safe J – pick up and drop off at Franklin Street and Church Street (near Might as Well)
- Safe G – pick up and drop off on Columbia Street at ROTC
In the event of road closures, Chapel Hill Transit will attempt to maintain posted schedules and routes; however, customers should plan for detours and delays.
Safe Ride is a service funded by the UNC-Chapel Hill Student Government for the safety of students.
Chapel Hill Transit is the public transportation provider that serves Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For complete information about Chapel Hill Transit services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest stop, visit us at www.chtransit.org , email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call a customer service representative at 919-485-7433.