Interested in local issues? Apply to be a member of an advisory board, committee or commission.
Here’s an idea! Apply to serve our community by serving on a Town of Chapel Hill advisory board, committee or commission!
- Here’s what you give – time, ideas and energy.
- And, what you get in return – opportunity to provide input into local policies that shape our community; personal growth; friends and new connections
Chapel Hill local government has various standing boards and commissions that advise the Town Council on a wide range of issues. We are currently looking to fill vacancies on the following:
- Grievance Hearing Board: 3 Town Resident
- Cemeteries Advisory Board: 2 town residents
- Environmental Stewardship Advisory Board: 1 Greenways Advocate, 1 Town resident, 1 UNC Chapel Hill Student
- Transportation and Connectivity Advisory Board: 1 Town resident, 1 UNC Chapel Hill Student
- Board of Adjustment: 3 Orange County appointed positions
- Planning Commission: 1 Orange County appointed ETJ, 1 Orange County appointed JPA, ETJ or Chapel Hill resident can be appointed to position within terms of Joint planning agreement.
- Historic District Commission: 1 resident within the Town’s planning jurisdiction (Town or ETJ)
- Housing Advisory Board: 1 For-profit Developer,
- Library Board of Trustees: 1 Town resident
- Community Design Commission; 1 Town resident
- Community Policing Advisory board: 1
- Human Services Advisory Board: 1 Town resident
- Justice in Action Committee: 1 member
For more information on the work of these groups, eligibility requirements, or to complete an application form, please visit www.townofchapelhill.org/boards.
Apply now at https://chapelhill.granicus.com/boards/forms/146/apply.
Questions? Contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department at 919-969-5014 or email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!