American Legion Task Force
- Date: 09/07/2017 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall, Meeting Room 344
405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
Opportunity Statement: The Town purchased the 36-acre American Legion Post 6 property in March of 2017. A consultant engaged by the Town is leading a public engagement process to produce conceptual options for future use of the property that reflect the community’s interests. The Task Force is a body representative of the community that can offer feedback on the work done by the consultant and assist with finalizing reports for Council consideration. The Task Force can also advise on next steps in the overall planning process. This contribution is needed to help the Town achieve Council Goals and determine the most fitting and appropriate uses of the American Legion Property.
Goal: The American Legion Task Force will participate in the public engagement process and work with the project consultant to develop future land use recommendations for the American Legion property, along with next steps in the planning process, that uphold the Council’s Guiding Principles for development of the property.
- Meeting Materials
- Draft Minutes of the June 14, 2017 Meeting
- Task Force Report to Town Council, June 2017
- Draft Questions to the Community
- Draft Use Evaluation Questions
- Town Properties Task Force Guiding Principles
- Use Comparison Table (Town Properties and American Legion Task Forces)
- Town Properties by Recommended Use