American Legion Task Force Meeting
- Date: 05/09/2017 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall, 2nd Floor Training Room
405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
Opportunity Statement: The Town purchased the 36-acre American Legion Post 6 property in March of 2017. A consultant engaged by the Town will be leading a public engagement process to produce conceptual options for future use of the property that reflect the community’s interests. The Task Force is a body representative of the community that can offer feedback on the design work done by the consultant and assist with finalizing the report for Council consideration. The Task Force can also advise on next steps in the overall planning process. This contribution is needed to help the Town achieve Council Goals and determine the most fitting and appropriate uses of the American Legion Property.
Goal: The American Legion Task Force will participate in the public engagement process and work with the project consultant to develop future land use recommendations for the American Legion property, along with next steps in the planning process, that uphold the Council’s Guiding Principles for development of the property.
- Meeting Materials
- Draft Minutes of the April 25, 2017 Meeting
- Working List of Principles for Development
- Revised Concept Sketches with Base Map
- Surrounding Development Map
- Town Properties Map (also showing Millhouse Rd Park)
- Updated Stakeholder Group Submissions 5.05.2017
- Parks, Greenways & Recreation Commission Recommendations
Members of the public are invited to send any input or questions to Corey Liles, Senior Planner with the Office of Planning & Sustainability, at firstname.lastname@example.org.