Council Special Meeting: Strategic Planning Session
- Date: 05/06/2017 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Orange County Solid Waste Admin Office
1207 Eubanks Road
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
Opening & Purpose
Link Past Efforts to Today
Background: In January, 2017, the Council expressed interest in developing a process for creating a long-range strategic plan that will build on the current processes for identifying and acting on council goals and also address the community’s most significant challenges. In March, 2017, Council agreed to begin strategic planning with a High Beam strategy session. Reference Material: Excerpt of Retreat Notes-Defining Significant Issues and Challenges
- Link Past Efforts to Today
High Beam Process
Survey Results & Discussion
Background: Prior to the session, Council will complete a survey designed by Future Point of View.
Background: The FPOV facilitators will guide Council through a trends analysis exercise.
- Two (and no more than three) trends per category (macro, industry, local) identified and agreed-upon.
- Evaluate the need to leverage or defend against each trend.
- Survey Results & Discussion
Strategic Project Portfolio
Background: The FPOV facilitators will guide Council through a strategic project portfolio exercise.
- A preliminary list of project ideas from each Council member with an indication of how the idea aligns either with one or more of the themes identified in the January strategic session, one of the identified trends or both.
Timeline, Process, and Next Steps
Background: Staff will share a timeline and a long term planning process map to develop a strategic plan for Council feedback and direction.