Town Properties Task Force
- Date: 03/02/2017 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Location: Chapel Hill Public Library: 8:30 AM - Load van in Upper Parking Lot. 10:00 AM - Discussion in Meeting Room A
100 Library Drive
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
- Introduction: Driving tour of potential priority Town properties followed by discussion.
8:30 a.m. - Upper Parking Lot (Driving Tour of Potential Priority Properties)
10:00 – Meeting Room A
a. Roll Call
b. Approval of Agenda
2. Driving Tour of Potential Priority Properties
Action Item: Load passenger van for a driving tour of Town properties that have been identified as potential priority properties. Those properties and approximate order in the driving tour are as follows:
- Parks and Recreation Department Office, 200 Plant Rd. (Map Ref. #7)
- Fire Station #3, 1615 E. Franklin St. at intersection with Elliott Road (Map Ref. #6)
- Open space known as the Dry Creek properties south of I-40 and on both sides of Erwin Road (Map Ref. #5) (Side trip: Cedar Falls Park)
- Eubanks Road Park and Ride Lot, 200 Eubanks Rd. (Map Ref. #2)
- Millhouse Road Parcels adjacent to and across the Town Operation Center (6850 Millhouse Rd.) and Chapel Hill Transit Center (6900 Millhouse Rd.) (Map Ref. #1)
- Fire Station #4, 101 Weaver Dairy Rd. Ext. at intersection with Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. (Map Ref. #3)
- 2200 Homestead Rd. (vacant building and open space) (Map Ref. #4) (Side Trip: Homestead Park)
- Police Center, 828 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. (Map Ref. #8)
- Open space in the Northside area east of the Norfolk Southern Railroad, south of Village Drive and east and south of Jay Street (Map Ref. #11)
- Parking Lot – 604 N. Rosemary St. (managed jointly with the Town of Carrboro) (Map Ref. #12)
- Parking Lot – 127 W. Rosemary St. (Map Ref. #16)
- Parking Lot – 100 E. Rosemary St. at intersection with Columbia Street (Map Ref. #18)
- Wallace Parking Deck, 150 E. Rosemary St. (Map Ref. #19)
- Old Post Office, 179 E. Franklin St. (Map Ref. #20)
- Parking Lot – 415 W. Franklin St. (east of Basnight Lane) (Map Ref. #14)
- Parking Lot – 108 Graham St. (Map Ref. #13)
- Open Space near the intersection of Bennett Road and Mt. Carmel Church Road (adjacent to Fire Station #5, 100 Bennett Rd.) (Map Ref. #9) (Side Trip: Southern Community Park)
- Open Space, 1610 US 15-501 South (west side of US 15-501 south of Southern Community Park) (Map Ref. #10)
Weather-permitting, the group may choose to walk around some properties.
Following the driving tour, the Task Force will convene in Meeting Room A at the Library.
3. Public Comment (10:00 a.m., Library Meeting Room A)
a. Approval of minutes
Action Item: Approve minutes of the February 10, 2017 meeting.
b. Discuss potential priority properties
Action Item: Receive feedback from Task Force members about the properties visited during the driving tour.
c. Receive meeting schedule
Action Item: Receive Task Force Work Plan with meeting dates and locations through September 2017.
d. Other Task Force Discussion
5. Public Comment
Action Item: The next meeting will be Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in Meeting Room A at Chapel Hill Public Library.
- Approved Minutes of February 10, 2017 Meeting
- Potential Priority Properties Comment Worksheet
- Town Properties Task Force Work Plan (revised February 23, 2017)
- Map – Proposed Priority Properties, version February 27, 2017
- Map – Proposed Priority Properties – Downtown Areas, version February 27, 2017
Goal: Develop an overall strategic framework and initial ideas for specific sites, including those located in the Downtown area, for Council review in June 2017 and Council action in September 2017.
- Project Web Page: Under Construction
- Board Web Page: http://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/government/boards-commissions (Scroll down to Town Properties Task Force)